Eligibility and how to apply
CDU’s Domestic Excellent Scholars (DES) scholarships are available to PhD student looking to excel in their chosen field. Please read the eligibility criteria carefully before applying for a scholarship.
A PhD candidate must be;
- eligible to enrol in a PhD, as defined by these guidelines
- First Class Honours or Masters by Research in a university ranked in the top 500*
- A high distinction on a postgraduate research project in a university ranked in the top 500*
- A publication that is equivalent to the top 25% in the field in which the applicant was first author
- demonstrate they will be able to publish three or more outputs that are high in quality
- able to commence between 5 January 2023 and 31 March 2023
The PhD candidate needs to provide;
- A cover letter that includes a brief statement of the applicant’s suitability (max 2 pages)
- A curriculum vitae, including a list of any peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations and relevant work and/or research experience
- A brief statement not exceeding 500-words in length that explains why you are interested in this research project/area
Application deadlines ?
If you are interested in a scholarship with one of the available research projects or have more questions, then please contact the lead supervisor of the project.